Monday 6 February 2012

Eye Candy of the week – fLAMINGO CONSOLE BY VOI-ARTIS

 

image

 

PRODUCT

Flamingo Console

 

MANUFACTURER

Voi Artis

 

COLLECTION

Consoles

 

DESIGNER

Tareq Abu Ghazaleh

 

MATERIAL

Pictured in Walnut.  Available in Ebonized Oak and Cherry.

 

SIZE

H 85  X W 150 X D 45 (Can be customized to different sizes)

 

DESCRIPTION

I have been a fan of Tareq’s work for several years now.  I have also seen how much he has grown as a furniture designer with the clever reinvention of his brand, and the launch of Voi-Artis.  While browsing Tareq’s updated website I came across this new fantastic piece that I needed to share with you. 

 

I love the lines and the weight of the Flamingo Console – The legs are definitely my favourite part – They are so sculptural and clean.  The asymmetric lines create a different sense of rhythm to the piece, which makes it unique and memorable.

 

I would love to use the Flamingo Console in a foyer and juxtapose it with an antique portrait and a very cool contemporary light fixture.

 

How/Where would you use this piece? 

 

YUMMY FACTOR

HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!!!



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

6 comments:

the modern sybarite ™ said...

HOT is right. Beautiful!

Brillante Interiors said...

Tareq is so talented and this console is brilliant.

Echo said...

Striking and unique.

I really like how it is clean, yet intricate, and the proportions are beautiful but would not be overbearing in an interior space.

canvas prints said...

great photography, well done

Vintage Lane Boutique said...

I love this piece! I have a very similar table in my scrapbook. The article took a table like this and put it outside with two stools on the one side, overlooking the ocean. The legs were slender so you didn't lose any of the view when sitting in the pool or anywhere behind the table! Great post!

GraceMorgan said...

It is a clever and puzzling design. Asymmetric lines, I think it has some purpose. It is not simply a leg of a table resembling to a leg of a flamingo. Vintage Lane Boutique is right, I think it is a table with a leg of frames capturing rhythm and perfect scenes of life, without even knowing that it is happening right under your table. A perfect site of this table.